The Elections Department serves more than 21,000 registered voters in the county. Responsibilities Include:
- Training municipal clerks and election judges in election law, rules and procedures.
- Directing the printing of all ballots and programming of all automatic tabulating and assistive voting equipment.
- Reporting all election results to the state of Minnesota.
- Administering absentee ballots and mail ballots.
- Maintaining all voter registration and voter history records for the county.
- Ensuring all campaign finance requirements are met.
- Maintaining all election equipment.