How to Apply
- Go to the list of Employment Opportunities and review description thoroughly.
- Click on the job title from the list
- Click "Apply"
- All application materials must be received by the posted closing date. Incomplete applications may be rejected.
- Include all relevant education and experience and at least three professional references.
- The most recent application will be used when more than one application by the same applicant is on file and requested to be utilized.
Selection & Hiring Process
- Applications will be reviewed after the posted closing date.
- The information you provide is used as a basis for comparison with other individuals applying for the position.
- It is important that you provide complete and concise information on your application materials to be considered for positions for which you qualify.
- All Mower County positions have minimum qualifications that must be met.
- Mower County will email notices relating to your job application and will invite you to interview by phone call. Be sure to check your email regularly after submitting an application. Remember to check your spam filter and "Junk" email folders as well as incorrectly marked as SPAM by some SPAM filters.
- First and second interviews may be conducted for all positions. Once those have concluded, other background information is obtained (reference checks and previous employer checks are examples). See also interview tips.
- All offers of employment are conditional pending successful completion of all required pre-employment checks. These conditions of employment may vary by position and department.
- Human Resources will inform you of your start date, salary, vacation accrual rates and probationary period.
- All benefit earning new employees are required to attend new employee orientation. Human Resources will notify you by email with benefit information and documents that need to be completed prior to your first day of employment.
- All new employees are required to provide documents for verifying legal authorization to work in the United States.
Background Check for Professional Conduct (MN Statute 604.20)
Driver's License Check
A driver's license check will be conducted as part of the conditional offer of employment, when having a satisfactory driving record and/or valid driver's license is a requirement of a position.