Zoning and Land Use Permits

Zoning Permits are required for the construction or placement of any structure on your property.  This process ensures your property remains complaint with the setbacks and land use activities of the Zoning District you live in.  Placing a structure without a permit can cause your property to become a non-conforming parcel, which can be time consuming and costly to correct.   

  1. Angie Lipelt

    Environmental Services Supervisor
    Phone: 507-437-9560, ext. 560

  2. Valerie Sheedy

    Assistant Environmental Services Supervisor
    Phone: 507-434-2639, ext. 639

Permit Fees:

Zoning Permit:
 Ag/Accessory Structure$75
Residential Structure$150
Land Use Permits:
Conditional Use Permit App$600+$46
Variance Application$600+$46

*After-the-Fact fees are TRIPLE the base fee

COMING SOON! Apply Online for a Permit

911 Address, Site Access, Burn Permit, and more..  Zoning and Septic permits in development!

Schneider Online Permitting

  1. Zoning Maps
  2. Ordinance References

Planning Commission:

Board of Adjustment: